Monday, August 28, 2017

Monday night update

As you can see on the map below, Harvey has shrunk quite a bit today. Although it did rain most of the day, the level of the water in the drainage ditch behind us has not risen again. There is only a foot or less of water in the ditch. The scary thing is that we keep hearing about the evacuations of subdivisions in our area which makes me wonder when our time will come. I don't think it will happen here though but people in those neighborhoods thought the same thing only to have to leave their homes today. I am a hopeful though because we are north of the creeks that have flooded and there are no creeks or rivers immediately north of us. I'm sure that's why we haven't been effected here. That and the good drainage system in our neighborhood.

I've decided to go to bed tonight and my husband will stay up this time and keep an eye on the storm. I'm weary from staying up all night for the past two nights with only catnaps throughout the day. I'm going to try to get a few hours of sleep. Well, that's what I was hoping to do but I just heard on the news that there is a tornado warning down near Galveston. That's nowhere near us but it's the first one reported today after the hundreds of warnings that came up yesterday. I thought we were done with the tornadoes. We're in the green area on the map, which is only rain, but that can change at any time and I don't know if I can sleep easy knowing that the storms are building up again for the night.



 

4 comments:

  1. Linda, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best for you, your family, friends, and all affected by Harvey and his aftermath.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is with you..I grew up on Long Island With hurricanes! An extra prayer for the lady who introduced me to beading !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hoping for the end of this for you and all the areas around you. keeping you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda,I am trusting this message finds you safe and dry.. you are in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete