Thursday, June 8, 2017

Bracelet of the Day: Claudia - Jet & Red


CLAUDIA CALI BEAD CHAIN
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Nickel Plated" (711)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Nickel Plated" (711)
  • Cali beads "Dark Red aka Blood Red"
  • SuperDuo beads "Jet Matte"

The other day I made sample motifs of "Claudia" in seventeen colorways using the thirteen Cali bead colors that I have now. They're all pretty but I do have some favorites. I want to make bracelets in most of the colorways but I ran into a problem. I don't have enough of at least half of the SuperDuo colors to make even small size bracelets. What I plan to do is make bracelets from as many of the samples as I can and I will just post samples of the ones that I don't have enough beads to make. I might also try using two SuperDuo colors with some of them to make the beads go farther.

I will make as many of these bracelets and samples as I can over the next couple of weeks but I won't have a lot of time for beading next week or the week after. I'll be busy getting the house ready for my sister-in-law's visit the week after next when she will be here for four days. 



When I got my Cali beads, I was excited to see that this wonderful red color goes perfectly with the red Delica beads that I used to make the fringe earrings below. Donna at Queen City Bead calls this color "Dark Red" but the actual name is "Blood Red". The color is really closer to maroon, which is what Miyuki calls the Delica color #DB654 that I used to make the earrings.


I blogged about the earrings HERE and made them to go the top below. Today's bracelet will complete the set very nicely.


Download my free "Claudia Cali Bead Chain" pattern HERE. You'll find Cali beads at Queen City Bead on Etsy HERE.




 

4 comments: