Monday, March 20, 2017

YouTube Beading Tutorial - XOXO Bracelet


XOXO BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Turquoise Heavy Travertine"

JP posted this video tutorial HERE on YouTube about a week ago and I thought her bracelet looked really cute. I was in between projects so I gave it a try. I dug through my stash of fire polished beads to find a color that I had enough of to make this bracelet and I had quite a few of this color. Although there are only two kinds of beads, it takes a LOT of both fire polished beads and seed beads. JP must have an even tinier wrist than me because she only needed eight motifs for her bracelet. I needed ten motifs to fit my wrist so I'm guessing she must have a 5-inch wrist. My bracelet measures 7 inches long and fits my 6-inch wrist nicely. I needed 80 fire polished beads and about 5 grams of 11/0 seed beads. I made a different clasp loop on mine so I also used two 8/0 seed beads. I think I used at least 4 yards of thread. I started with three yards and had to add more.

I used Toho seed beads to make my first sample. Toho beads do work but the motifs came out a little loose. For my final bracelet I used Miyuki beads because the "Metallic Chocolate" goes well with the dark specks in my fire polished beads. They're a very unusual color that I found at BeadsParade on Etsy HERE. The specs are actually dark green but from a distance they appear to be brown.


I like how my bracelet turned out and it has an interesting feel to it because the motifs are two-sided. For some reason it's not a very photogenic bracelet and my photos don't do it justice. In my close-ups, it looks like loads of beads. Here is a screenshot from JP's video so you can see how nice her bracelet looks:


Check out JP's YouTube channel HERE. She has a lot of nice beading videos. Although this particular bracelet pattern is not available, JP sells beading patterns in her Etsy shop HERE.



PINTEREST STILL BROKEN

It's been broken for three days now. I sure hope that they are able to fix it soon. I will continue to add the beadwork photos from my blog to my Pinterest boards and just hope that nothing goes missing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment