Thursday, February 16, 2017

Tara Earrings - Oxidized Bronze


TARA EARRINGS
  • 15/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • 7mm CzechMates 2-hole cabochons "Oxidized Bronze"
  • 2-hole Crescent beads "Oxidized Bronze Clay"

I've been trying out the new CzechMates 7mm 2-hole cabochons lately and I've been testing them with some patterns that I know work well with the 6mm 2-hole cabs. I've blogged quite a few times about the earrings that I've made with the 6mm cabochons. You can read some of my posts HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE. I noted how the pattern works best with Miyuki seed beads but it turns out that Toho seed beads work better with these larger cabs. I didn't have to make any adjustments to the pattern when I made these earrings. For testing purposes, I also tried making one with Miyuki seed beads and they don't work at all with these larger 7mm cabochons.


You can buy Ellad2's "Tara Earrings" pattern HERE. Red Panda has all of the colors in the 7mm CzechMates Cabochons HERE.


 

3 comments:

  1. I found your blog the other day and subscribed to updates. I am impressed by your dedication to post something new every day. Wish I had that kind of time for jewelry making!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't promise that I will post something every day but I do try. I wish that I had more time for beading. I honestly don't know how I manage to make enough stuff to blog about nearly every day.

      Delete