Thursday, June 16, 2016

Bracelet of the Day: MiniDuo Band - Suede Blue & Jet


MINIDUO BAND
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • Silky beads "Jet"
  • MiniDuo beads "Metallic Suede Blue"

As you can see, I did have enough Suede Blue MiniDuos to make this bracelet. I blogged yesterday about making several bracelet samples to see which one I wanted to make to go with a pair of "Marquesa" earrings. Read my post HERE. I do plan to make a "Loretta Deco" bracelet as well but I really wanted to try this pattern. The pattern is from Deborah Roberti and you can buy it HERE.

Unfortunately, I will have to take this bracelet apart and re-make it because it came out a little too long. It would be too short if I remove one motif so I will have to somehow change the clasp loops to make them shorter. I have an idea that I think should do the trick.



Now that I've had a chance to try this pattern, I will definitely make more of them in other colors. It was easy to make, is just the width that I like and I like the feel of it. I'm also thinking of adding 8/0 accent color beads between the Silky beads.




 

1 comment:

  1. Love this bracelet and ear rings, what a shame you will have to remake it. I suppose with this type of bracelet there has to be a certain amount of adding or subtracting at the clasp area when you can't add or take away a 'motif'. Possibly a length of 'safety chain' would solve the problem but of course this would need a different type of clasp which isn't as easy to fasten on your own wrist without help.

    ReplyDelete