Friday, June 24, 2016

Bracelet of the Day: Diamond Band - Lila Gold Luster


DIAMOND BAND
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 6mm 2-hole cabochons "Chalk White Lila Gold Luster"
  • Kheops par Puca "Metallic Matte Dark Plum"
  • MiniDuo beads "White Senegal Brown Purple"

I tweaked this cute bracelet a little but it only looks slightly different than the original design. The only obvious difference is that I omitted the seed beads between the pairs of Kheops beads. They made the bracelet longer than I wanted mine to be and I had some trouble keeping them looking tidy. What's not so obvious is that I used a different method for adding the seed bead netting. I altered the path to make it a little more stable and to get sharper points by creating picots then adding the netting beads on either side of them.


You can buy Iulia's "Diamond Band" pattern in her Beaded Treasury shop HERE.



 

2 comments:

  1. I've had that pattern on my radar. You really did a great job of making it even better!

    ReplyDelete