Saturday, January 16, 2016

Christmas Bracelet #7 - Silky Half Tila Bracelet (Lucy Bracelet)


This final Christmas bracelet is my favorite one from Teejay and it's also her own creation. I'm really excited about this bracelet.  I've already figured out how to make it and wrote down the steps. It doesn't have an official name yet but Teejay and I plan to collaborate on a tutorial in the near future.
  • 15/0 seed beads Matsuno "Copper" (457A)
  • Half Tila beads "Matte Metallic Khaki Iris" (TLH-2035)
  • Silky beads "Crystal Dark Travertine"
  • 4mm druks "Metallic Amethyst Luster"



I'm going to post something a little different tomorrow. I was asked if I'd be interested in reviewing a book showing how to make decorative knots with leather cord which can be used to make bracelets and other accessories. I took a look at his website and realized that it wasn't the sort of thing that I'd be interested in making. However, I told him that I'd let him promote the book himself in a post on my blog. I think that you'll like the projects that he shows how to make in his book. Maybe some of you will want to give it try or maybe you're already familiar with this kind of work and are looking for new project ideas.
 

15 comments:

  1. This is lovely Linda - would the pattern work up the same using Czechmate bricks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know but maybe I'll give them a try today and see how they look.

      Delete
    2. I just finished making three samples. I made two of them with CzechMates Bricks and then I made one with Rullas. Both work perfectly fine but the look is a bit different than with Half Tilas. I think I like them though. The Rullas are actually closer to the length of the Half Tilas than the Bricks. With the Bricks, there's a little bit of space on the edges that have the row of 15/0 seed beads but it looks OK. I think perhaps that Toho seed beads would fill the gap. I don't think that Toho beads will work with Half Tilas because they'd be too crowded.

      If the sun comes out tomorrow, I'll try to get some photos of my samples.

      Delete
  2. You lucky woman to have such a talented and generous friend. All of the bracelets are so pretty but I still think the Half Tila Flower bracelet is my favorite. Will look forward to seeing the patterns. Thanks to both Teejay and yourself for sharing, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another absolutely gorgeous bracelet as well, would love a pattern if you gals ever decide to work one up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. where can I find this Teejay's pattern? I would love to make this bracelet. Thank you for all your posts. I enjoy you daily!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't made a pattern yet, Patty. When it's available, it will be in the free pattern list on the right side of my blog.

      Delete
  5. Hi Linda, Do you have instructions for this bracelet? I really like it!
    Gael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't made a pattern yet, Gael. When it's available, it will be in the free pattern list on the right side of my blog.

      Delete
    2. tres beau peut on avoir le schema svp

      Delete
  6. Linda, I love all your pieces that you make, you're one of my favorites.I get all excited when you post new ones. Thank you so much for sharing your work.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Denise, and thanks for your nice comments.

      Delete