Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Bracelet of the Day: Golden Age Bracelet - Turquoise



GOLDEN AGE BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • MiniDuo beads "Blue Turquoise Silver Picasso"
  • 3mm fire polished beads "Aqua Bronze Luster"

I posted some samples that I made of this pattern back in December HERE and this was one of the color combinations that I showed you in that post. I love this pattern, especially when it's made with MiniDuos. The pattern actually calls for regular SuperDuo beads but it works great, if not better, with MiniDuos. It comes out just the width that I like. I followed the pattern as written except that I added 8/0 seed beads on the ends to attach my clasp.

I recommend reinforcing the groups of six MiniDuos (or SuperDuos) in each motif just after you add the two outer ones in step 9. If you don't reinforce them, the motif can have a tendency to flop over. I used 6lb Fireline when I made this bracelet and weaving around the MiniDuos one more time really helped the bracelet  keep its shape. It's easiest to to this right after adding the last MiniDuo to each motif. If you wait to do it later, it will be more difficult to get your needle between the beads.

You can buy the "Golden Age Bracelet" pattern HERE in the Beaded Treasury Etsy shop.


UPDATE:  I forgot to mention that I found the fire polished beads in a local shop. I think they're from Nirvana Beads and they might not be easy to find. A good substitute color would be "Aquamarine Celsian". The difference is that the beads I used have an opaque core and Aquamarine Celsian is transparent and is a slightly bolder shade of aqua.




 

7 comments:

  1. I really like this bracelet. Colors are beautiful! You have such a good eye for patterns and colors - like picking a good recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pattern certainly does catch my eye and your always do such a beautiful job. Nice that you can make it with the mini-duos as well as the Super-duos, will be fun to make up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always on the lookout for patterns that I can make with MiniDuos. I'm gradually accumulating them in my favorite SuperDuo colors.

      Delete
  3. Did the pattern include pictures or was it all words?

    ReplyDelete