Sunday, December 13, 2015

Bracelet of the Day: Valentine Bracelet - Black & Gold

  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Gold" (D4202)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Gold" (D4202)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Gold" (D4202)
  • Kheops® Par Puca® beads "Jet"
  • Pinch beads "24KT Gold"
  • 4.6mm SS19 chaton montees "Clear with a gold setting" (Swarovski)

My sister-in-law saw the photo below on Pinterest and it had been pinned there from VinJulEve's blog HERE. Jan fell in love with it and asked me if I would make a bracelet for her based on that design. Although she loved the soft gray and gold color scheme, she didn't think that those colors would go well with her wardrobe. So, she asked me to make hers with black Kheops beads instead of gray ones and you can see how well it turned out. 





To get all of the various beads for this bracelet, I had to buy supplies from four different shops because I didn't have any of these beads in my stash, not even the seed beads. The seed beads are from Charlene's Beads, the gold Pinch beads are from Red Panda, the Kheops are from Aria Design Studio Etsy and the montees came from the Crystallized Montees Etsy shop. I'm still not terribly keen on Pinch beads but I think they look very well in this design. I do love the Montees and I hope to find other ways to use them in future projects.






 
You can buy the pattern that this bracelet was adapted from on DaWanda HERE.


1 comment: