Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Harmony Band & Bethany Earrings Set

  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • SuperDuo beads "Metallic Suede Purple"
  • SuperDuo beads "Metallic Suede Gold"

I bought a cute and colorful top last week in a resale shop and didn't have a bracelet or earrings to go with it. I looked through my beads and came up with two SuperDuo colors that go pretty well with a couple of the colors that are in the top. The Suede Gold SuperDuos are a little lighter than the olive green but I think they look fine. The Suede Purple is really a lot more saturated than it appears in my photos and really is close to one of the purples in my top. I did the best that I could to get the colors as close as possible with Paint Shop Pro. Below are photos of the two SuperDuo colors that are closer to how they actually look:



Because the pattern on my top is so busy, I wanted to keep the jewelry as simple as possible. Deborah Roberti's "Harmony Bands" was perfect and my "Beth Duo Earrings" adaptation, which I call "Bethany Earrings", are the perfect earrings to go with the bracelet. The bracelet and the earrings take exactly the same beads to make.


You can buy Deb's "Harmony Bands" pattern at Around the Beading Table, HERE.


You can buy Beth Clark's "Beth Duo Earrings" pattern, HERE.

 




6 comments:

  1. I have to tell you I have been enjoying seeing all you bracelet creations, you really have a good eye for putting colors together! I am starting to make bracelets again and it is so fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I have not seen the duo is that colour. Really nice. Everyone thinks you have the eye for colour. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Un conjunto precioso, los colores muy acertados.Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda....you and your blog are totally amazing! question please...are we able to get your variation of Beth's Duo Earring pattern as above? I do have her pattern but love your adaption....thanks very much!! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I should ask Beth about that. I didn't do it before because she was selling her pattern. Now that it's free, maybe she won't mind.

      Delete