Friday, October 23, 2015

Camille Bracelet Variation with Kheops® Par Puca® beads

You probably won't find the free version of this pattern by Puca for immediate download anywhere. However, it's often available as a free bonus with the purchase of Kheops® Par Puca® beads from many online bead shops such as Red Panda and Robin's Beads. You can also buy the pattern in Puca's Etsy shop HERE. This is what Puca's original bracelet looks like:

"Camille Bracelet" by Puca

Puca's "Camille Bracelet" is one of the few Kheops designs that I like. That's probably because the scalloped edge softens the angular shape of the Kheops. As soon as I started to follow the tutorial, I realized that I'd have to come up with an alternative method for making it. The first step tells you to pick up a whole bracelet's length of beads on the thread all at once with nothing securing them on the end. Once I came up with a way to secure the beads on the end, I was able to follow the rest of the tutorial as written without having to worry that the beads would slide off.

I also made another change when adding the netting. It kept flopping over too much where it goes around the druks and I found a way to secure it a little better. However, I've decided that I like the bracelet even better without the netting around the druks. Below are two samples. One has the netting and the other doesn't.

 
While making the sample without the netting on the druks, I got the idea to try adding other beads to the bracelet. I tried lots of different things with rondelles, druks, Silky beads and even SuperDuo beads. Here's the "sampler" bracelet that I made to try out my ideas:


  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • Kheops® Par Puca® beads "Opaque Rose Gold Ceramic Mix"
  • Silky beads "Crystal Gold Luster"
  • Silky beads "Alabaster Senegal"
  • SuperDuo beads "Polychrome Copper Rose"
  • 4mm druks "Opaque Gold and Smoky Topaz Luster"
  • 3x4mm rondelles "Amethyst AB" (Chinavoski)
  • 4mm bicones "Amethyst AB" (Chinavoski)

I really liked some of the additions. In the end, I kept the Silky beads but switched the rondelles to bicones. The result is a beautiful bracelet with a bit of sparkle and fewer Kheops beads. If you have Puca's pattern, it shouldn't be difficult to figure out how to add the extra beads.


  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • Kheops® Par Puca® beads "Opaque Rose Gold Ceramic Mix"
  • Silky beads "Crystal Gold Luster"
  • 4mm bicones "Amethyst AB" (Chinavoski)

 
This next bracelet is the one that I mentioned in yesterday's post:


  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • Kheops® Par Puca® beads "Jet Hematite"
  • Silky beads "Alabaster Teal Luster"
  • 4mm Czech bicones "Hematite Luster Aquamarine"

 
Now I've got two Kheops patterns that I really like a lot. I love that I've also found another way to use Silky beads. I've noticed that there haven't been many new Silky patterns coming out in a while. So, if you've been looking for something new to make with Silkies and you've been itching to try the new Kheops beads the "Camille Bracelet" or my variation might be just the thing.




6 comments:

  1. Love it ..great project for last minute Christmas gifts too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I forgot to mention how quick these are to make.

      Delete
  2. I like this--especially the green and gold contrast--nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this bracelet where can I get the pattern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a link to Puca's Etsy shop in the first paragraph above.

      Delete