Monday, November 24, 2014

Marquesa Earrings - Chalk Lazure Blue

MARQUESA EARRINGS
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki Dark Bronze (11-457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki Dark Bronze (8-457D)
  • 14mm rivolis Swarovski "Silver Shade"
  • SuperDuos "Chalk Lazure Blue"
  • 4mm druks "Bronze"

While making some "Marquesa Earrings" for Christmas gifts the other day, I came up with a color combination that I really liked and wanted to make for myself while I had the beads out and the pattern at hand. I had just enough left of some "Chalk Lazure Blue" SuperDuos in a dye lot that's a lot more blue than I've seen in a long time. I even have enough to make a "Trestle Bands" bracelet to go with them. That was the only bracelet pattern I have that uses only a few SuperDuo beads and that also includes some crystal-type beads that would complement the rivolis in the earrings. I haven't had time to make the bracelet yet so I'll post it here later.


The "Marquesa Earrings" pattern is by Angie Martin and you can buy it in her Etsy shop HERE. The"Trestle Bands" pattern is from Deb Roberti and you can get that one HERE at Around the Beading Table.


If you're wondering why the rivolis in the earrings look like they're a teardrop shape, that's due to Angie's clever method of making a round rivoli fit into a teardrop shaped bezel. 

Now, it's back to my Christmas beading. I've got nine more bracelets to make. Yikes!!!

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I really like the colors.

    What is the difference between druk beads and Czech round beads?

    I was reading your earlier post on where to buy beads. Do you ever go to bead shows to buy beads?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the same thing. I've never been to a bead show but I probably would if there was one in my area.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, love the color combination.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Fashion Earrings. Color combination is really awesome.

    ReplyDelete