Thursday, September 11, 2014

Silver Moon Mini Earrings


Here is the "little" surprise that I mentioned last Monday. I made the "Silver Moon" pattern as directed but with smaller beads. They're super tiny and delicate. I think that the full-size earrings are fun and have a casual look but these tiny ones are a bit dressier and fancy. That could be because of the pearls which are the only beads that I have in 2mm. Because these earrings are so small, some of the bead colors don't show up all that well when I wear them. Only the teal ones are colorful enough that I can see the color against my hair. That's fine though because I like the sparkle of the bicones.

As you'll see in the "ingredient" lists below, these are the bead size changes that I made:

11/0 seed beads = 15/0 seed beads
8/0 seed beads = 11/0 seed beads
4mm bicones = 3mm bicones
3mm druks = 2mm pearls


Because a jump ring won't fit through an 11/0 seed bead, I had to make the loop at the top a different way for the small earrings. I picked up three 15/0 seed beads, a 2mm pearl then seven 15/0 seed beads. I went back down through the pearl and picked up three more 15/0 seed beads. I wove my way back down through the next two seed beads of the earring then went across through the bicone at the top and up through the two seed beads on the other side of the bicone before going back up the other side of the loop and again through the pearl. I then went through the first two seed beads of the top loop, picked up one seed bead then went through the next three seed beads. Next I picked up a seed bead and went through the last two seed beads of the top loop and then down through the pearl again and the three seed beads on the other side of the base of the loop. I went around the loop twice more to reinforce it.

You'll need to use fine thread for these mini earrings and use six 15/0 seed beads around each of the petals if you're using 2mm pearls like I did. These mini earrings will come out softer and more flexible than the full-size ones because of the fine thread. I bought my 2mm pearls from Aria Design Studio Etsy HERE.

For more information about this free pattern, click HERE.


  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (15-457D)
  • 11/0 seed beads "Purple Luster" (from Deb Roberti - no info available)
  • 3mm bicones "Purple AB - #199" (from China)
  • 2mm pearls "Light Champagne" (Aria Design Studio)


  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (15-457D)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Inside-Color Montana Blue/Oxblood Lined" (TR-11-363/c)
  • 3mm bicones "Dark Rose - #203" (from China)
  • 2mm pearls "Ivory" (Aria Design Studio)


  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (15-457D)
  • 11/0 seed beads "Topaz Lined Teal" (from Deb Roberti - no info available)
  • 3mm bicones "Teal AB" (Chinavoski)
  • 2mm pearls "Old Lace" (Aria Design Studio)


  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (15-457D)
  • 11/0 seed beads "Champagne Lined" (from Deb Roberti - no info available)
  • 3mm bicones "Champagne Silver AB - #205" (from China)
  • 2mm pearls "Light Bronze Satin" (Aria Design Studio)


  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (15-457D)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Caramel Ceylon" (11-593)
  • 3mm bicones "Light Topaz AB" (Chinavoski)
  • 2mm pearls "Antique Ivory" (Aria Design Studio)
 

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed. Love the smaller ones too. Having a hard time picking a favorite color - the champagne stood out right away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's my favorite too because it will go with pretty much anything. It's nice and sparkly too. I do like the teal one a lot but it wouldn't go with much in my wardrobe.

      Delete
  2. Linda, the mini version is great too. Those 2mm Czech pearls are hard to find though. Besides the shop you've mentioned, I've found that MayaHoney (Etsy, Slovakia) and Stitch'n'Craft (UK) are selling them too.
    Have a great day.
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bello Modo has a very good selection of them here:

      http://www.bellomodo.com/index.php?cPath=23_3725

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the pattern suggestion. They turned out GREAT! Thank goodness my friends don't hang out here.

    ReplyDelete