Monday, August 25, 2014

Marquesa Earrings: Suede Gold and Seal

MARQUESA EARRINGS
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki Dark Bronze (11-457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki Dark Bronze (8-457D)
  • 12mm rivolis "Seal" (vintage color)
  • SuperDuos "Metallic Suede Gold"
  • 4mm druks "Bronze"

I finally made my first complete pair of "Marquesa Earrings" using Angie Martin's pattern which you can buy from Nanny Pink's Passion Etsy shop HERE. I started with this color combination because I love it and it seems to be the most popular combo on my Pinterest board. As you can see, I added the extra embellishments to help keep the rivolis in place because they're actually too small for the bezel. The pattern actually calls for 14mm rivolis.

My plan is to make bracelets to go with all of the Marquesa earrings that I've been making. I'll post about them as soon as I complete the sets but I just happened to already have a bracelet that goes very well with today's earrings. The bracelet is Sam Wescott's "SuperDuo Rosette Bracelet" pattern which you can buy HERE. You can get the details for the bracelet from my May 20th post HERE.

Although I love the look of the "suede" SuperDuo beads but I had a bit of a problem with them. After making a bunch of sample earrings, I had to take them apart. Somehow during the process of taking them apart, the suede SuperDuos ended up with ugly scratches on quite a few of them. Even when I tried to be very careful with my scissors, I was unable to avoid scratching them. I thought about editing them out of the photo but I decided to leave them as is so that you can see what I'm talking about. You may need to view the photos at full size to see the scratches. At least the scratches aren't nearly as obvious at actual size in real life.



3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What a lovely set! Wish I could find some of those Suede Gold SuperDuos where I shop...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie. I really love your earring pattern. I ordered some beads from Artbeads.com yesterday and picked up a few more rivolis so that I can make more of these. The only place that I know of to get the Suede Gold SuperDuos is Aria Design Studio on Etsy. Actually, I think Red Panda might have them too.

      Delete