Saturday, June 21, 2014

Bracelet of the Day: Craving Crystal - Apollo Gold


Craving Crystal Band #3
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (11-457L)
  • 4mm druks "Matte Apollo Milky Pink"
  • 4mm bicones "Pale Bittersweet" (no info available)

I was pleased to find that I had some bicones that go quite well with my 4mm "Matte Apollo Milky Pink" druks. That's a difficult color to match up but there are bits of a peachy color in with the pale purple on the druks that's pretty close to the same color as the bicones.

When I made the "Craving Crystal" bracelets that have the motifs with six druks, I added a couple of extra steps to make the center "X" of the larger motifs a bit tighter. When I went back around one side of the motif to add the first strings of netting, I first made a quick pass back around through the druk, center 11/0 seed bead and the druk on that side before going back around to add the netting. I do the same thing on the other side of the motif before adding the last of the netting. It seemed to make a difference in the stability and shape of the motif.

Click HERE if you'd like to buy Deb's pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment