Monday, April 14, 2014

Bracelet of the Day: Fairy Bracelet

FAIRY BRACELET (CRYSTAL POSY VARIATION)
  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (15-457D)
  • 3mm fire polished beads "Crystal Gold" (BCP-3312)
  • 3mm fire polished beads "Opaque Smoky Topaz Gold Luster"
I found a photo of a bracelet on Etsy that I really liked but couldn't find a pattern for it anywhere. I figured that it must be similar to one of Deborah Roberti's patterns and her "Crystal Posy" seemed to be the closest one. I was still a very new beader at the time so Teejay figured out for me how to adapt Deb's pattern so that it looked like the Etsy photo. Teejay figured out how to connect the motifs with a single fire polished bead between them like the Etsy photo. Then, it was just a matter of omitting the seed bead embellishment that Deb puts around the corners of every other flower. I used fire polished beads instead of bicones.

Here is the original Etsy photo:

And, here is a photo of Deb's "Crystal Posy" for comparison:
While trying out Teejay's tweak, I just happened to pick out the two 3mm fire polished bead colors below and I loved how they looked together with this pattern. Since I used 3mm beads instead of the 4mm that Deb's pattern calls for, I used 15/0 seed beads instead of 11/0's. The pattern works perfectly with the tiny beads and the bracelet comes out very delicate and dainty. What you can't see well in my photo above is the pretty sparkle of the beads. The effect is magical so I call it my "Fairy Bracelet". I loved it so much that I made one for myself and a few for Christmas presents.
Crystal Gold
Opaque Smoky Topaz Gold Luster

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, LOVE this! One of your prettiest ever! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanie. I think it would work well for a necklace too. Because of the extra fire polished bead between the motifs, it curves very nicely.

      Delete