Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pattern Review: "Ruffle Bracelet" by Deborah Roberti

 
RUFFLE BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (11-457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (8-457D)
  • SuperDuo beads "Luster Gold"
  • 4mm druks "Bronze"
  • 4mm bicones "Green-Pink-Yellow" (#C50 - Beads One)
  • Magnet Clasp
  • 2 6mm jump rings
This pattern is by Deborah Roberti of Around the Beading Table. I had a tough time choosing the beads to use for trying out this pattern because there are so many different types of beads in it. Just when I'd get a few that went together, I'd end up stumped for the rest. I would have used SuperUno beads but I only have 25 of them and I didn't have enough other beads to go with them. In the end, I settled on a two-color scheme and I'm glad that I did. I love how it turned out with mostly metallic beads and a hint of color down the center. Luckily I had the same bronze color in seed beads, SuperDuo beads and druks. I think that using all the same color allows the pretty design to be the focus of the bracelet.

I did make a few changes to the pattern. I'm one of those people who are bothered by the open holes of SuperDuo beads showing so I "plugged" the holes with 11/0 seed beads. I also changed the clasp loops a bit and added jump rings to attach a magnet clasp.

This was a fun pattern to weave once I got the hang of it. I have to admit that it took me a few times before I remembered to connect the motif to the SuperDuo beads of the previous motif in steps 13 and 18. For some reason, I kept forgetting to do that at first.

You can buy this pattern HERE for only $4.00.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment