Thursday, February 13, 2014

Bracelet of the Day: Crystal Chain - Variation

CRYSTAL CHAIN - VARIATION
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Olivine" (11-458)
  • 3mm rondelles "Khaki AB" (Beads One)
  • Clasp
Today's bracelet is my adaptation of Deborah Roberti's free Crystal Chain Bracelet pattern. All I did differently was omit the motifs with the bicones and repeated the first motif for the entire length of my bracelet. I've made these quite a few times using different colors of rondelles or fire polished beads.
 
NUNZIA'S EASY EARRINGS
  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Olivine" (15-458)
  • 3mm rondelles "Khaki AB" (Beads One)
  • 2 earring wires
  • 2 4mm jump rings
These are some of my favorite earrings. I never used to like wearing big, dangly earrings but now I think they're fun to wear. I especially love the sparkle of the "AB" on the rondelles in these. I get a lot of compliments when I wear these earrings. I got the tutorial from a YouTube video by Nunzia Scalpore. The video is in Italian but it's easy enough to follow.

Nunzia uses 4mm rondelles in her earrings but I've found that 3mm rondelles will work well too. In fact, I've had to adjust the number of seed beads when I use 4mm rondelles to make these but that may be because I use Chinese rondelles which tend to be a little larger than the Czech ones. I find that's the case with pretty much all Chinese crystal beads vs. their Czech counterparts. Actually, the Chinese crystals are more true to size. For example, 4mm Chinese bicones really measure 4mm while the Czech 4mm bicones are closer to 3mm.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment